Andy Rhodes: I'm a Texas-based writer currently working in Austin as managing editor of the Texas Historical Commission's magazine The Medallion. On the side,
I actively pursue freelance writing projects, from cultural to corporate subjects. I also provide photos and copyediting services.
My travel guidebook, Moon Handbooks: Texas, was originally published in 2009. The updated version was released in October 2011.
Connect with me via Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
• It's official - I'll be writing another Moon travel guidebook! I just signed a contract to write Houston and the Texas Gulf Coast. Looking forward to a lot of surf and turf in the coming months!
• I wrote an article for the Daily Yonder in April 2012 about South Texas' historic Mexican-American dance halls.
• My photography skills were featured in a January 2012 Austin American- Statesman article about the urban garden at my office (Texas Historical Commission).
• I was honored to be the featured guest speaker at the December 2011 meeting of the Austin Woman's Club, where I discussed my experience as a travel writer.
• The updated edition of my book is available October 11! It includes plenty of fresh content, updated listings, and current photos. Order a copy to help plan your next Texas excursion or as a gift for your favorite traveler.
• One of my most memorable recent interviews was with blues pianist Omar Sharriff for an article about the history of boogie woogie music in the May/June 2011 issue of The Medallion.