• The updated version of my Texas guidebook is now available! Moon Handbooks:Texas
includes a fancy new cover design (at right), along with plenty of fresh content, updated listings, and new photos. Order a copy to plan your next Texas excursion or as a gift for your favorite traveler.
• After much research and writing, I submitted my updated manuscript in March 2014 for Moon Handbooks: Texas. You can already pre-order it (and see the fancy new cover) on Amazon!
• My new book was published on October 18, 2013! Moon Handbooks: Houston and the Texas Gulf Coast covers all the best places to visit in Bayou City and the coastal region.
• I was honored to serve as a travel expert for The Guardian's June 2013 Live Q&A about visiting Texas and New Mexico.
• I wrote an article for the Daily Yonder about South Texas' historic Mexican-American dance halls.
• My photography skills were featured in an Austin American- Statesman article about urban gardens at the Texas Historical Commission.
• One of my most memorable recent interviews was with blues pianist Omar Sharriff for an article about the history of boogie woogie music in the May/June 2011 issue of The Medallion.
• I'll be signing copies of my book at Austin's Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center on October 10, 2010 from 1-3 p.m. as part of their popular Fall Plant Sale.
• I experienced a career highlight by meeting music icon Phil Collins in Dallas this summer. After attending a June 2010 event at Fair Park where he discussed his vast collection of Alamo artifacts (see "...But Seriously"), I had a chance to meet with Phil and discuss our shared interest in Texas history. Against all odds...
• My article about South Texas' historic Mexican-American dance halls was featured on Texas Dancehall Preservation Inc.'s website (p. 8-12) in March 2010.
• My Texas Book Festival panel, Touring Texas, will be held on Sunday, November 1, 2009 from 2-3 p.m. in the Lifestyle Tent on Congress Avenue. I'll have a book signing immediately following the panel.
• I made my big TV debut on October 28, 2009 when I was interviewed for KEYE's (CBS) We Are Austin Live news program:
• On September 3, 2009 the Texas Book Festival announced that I will be a featured author at this year's event. Stay tuned for updates about my panel and book signing.
• The National Trust for Historic Preservation asked me to write a guest post for its Preservation Nation blog.
• I was recently featured in a travel article about the San Antonio missions in Austin Monthly magazine.
• The Austin American-Statesman promoted my book in its Sunday travel section.
• I wrote an article about Austin's family-friendly summer spots for the Best Kid Friendly Travel website.